Hari Parbat is also known as Kooh-e-Maran lies on the west of Dal Lake in Srinagar, in the UT of Jammu & Kashmir.
Hari Parbat Fort is situated to the western side of the Dal Lake, which is an ancient Mughal Fort. This fort was built in 18th century by Atta Muhammad Khan, an Afghan governor.
The surrounding walls of this fort were constructed by the Mughal Emperor Akbar in 1590. This place is currently maintained by the Archaeological Department of Jammu and Kashmir.
This fort is maintained by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) and still stands impressive with old apartments and tall pillars. Hari Parbat provides a top view of Makhdoom Sahib shrine.
Sharika Devi Temple and Lal Mandi Square are situated in vicinity of this fort.